I find myself half way through a busy week already and a happy bunny as I have won this award...
How cool is that - my first award and a big thank you to Pretty Petal Handmade who awarded it to me. Please grab yourself a cuppa and head on over to her lovely blog for a read.
I understand that on receipt of this award I must pass it on and also share 7 facts about myself (oh dear this is where you are all going to fall asleep)!!!
Firstly, I pass on this award to: -
Sew Ray Me - who has a lovely blog full of all the things I love and which I enjoy reading - please go and have a look.
Coco Rose Diaries - a blog full of loveliness. Take a peep and you'll see what I mean :-)
Ok, here are the 7 (probably dull *yawn*) facts
1. I won "Slimmer of the Year" back in 2008 as voted for by "Now Magazine". I lost almost 6 stone in around a year. I am now very guilty to say that since winning I put ALL of the weight back on but have now lost just over 3 stone of it again since May so I am halfway to goal. I WILL keep it off this time!
2. Whilst I also work for myself my day job is a Legal Assistant for a local law firm. I am currently on maternity leave with baby number 2. Here I am with my two monsters!
3. I have a strange obsession with squirrels and strawberries!! I am also starting to REALLY love toadstools!! Look at Coco Rose's blog above and look at the amazing toadstools she's just bought *eek* :-)
4. If it's got calories I'll have it - especially of the sweet variety esp chocolate! Hence the fact I put all that weight on TWICE!! Cupcakes, home made sponge birthday cake, Fry's Turkish Delight, Baklava and Welsh Cakes are amongst my faves!
5. The main reason I am starting my business is because I have realised in the last couple of years that buying high street (whilst there is nothing wrong with it and I still buy from the high street as it is highly practical and affordable) it is the thought of it being off a conveyor belt, thousands of people will have bought the same item, nothing is personalised specifically to what you want, doesn't always last forever. I want to spread the message that handmade doesn't have to cost the earth, will last a lifetime if looked after and giving handmade to friends and family (or just treating yourself of course) is more special and thoughtful as there won't be any mass produced products.
6. My absolute dream would be to live in a big old converted barn on a farm with lots of animals, a petting zoo for the kids, a farm shop with bistro and shop selling all my handmade stuff. Instead me, lovely hubby and the kids live in a small mid terrace with no chance of moving anywhere soon!!
7. I am in love with my Pink Lining changing bag. I love the fact that it looks like a really cute bag and not one that's simply stuffed with nappies!! Oh and of course it has a fab cupcake on the front.
Phew - well done if you got this far. You probably need a stiff drink after all that!!
Here is my fabric ironing pile which I still haven't yet got round to doing. All washed and dried but the thought of ironing 30 yes 30 metres of the stuff is giving me the wobblies! Think I need another piece of cake first!!
Embellishments will feature on the website. I have realised there are lots of people wanting to make their own things and for card making and stitching projects I have come up with a handful of ideas. I am keeping the best ones under wraps for the website launch but here is a peek at two different lots.
Felt trees with gold stars and diamanté's.
Mini padded hearts finished with some mini red grosgrain ribbon and a diamanté.
Until next time...