Friday 13 January 2012

New Routines and LOTS of fabric purchases (AGAIN)!!!

Hello!!

Yes, it's been a little while since my last blog post.  In fact I didn't quite realise just how long.  My new routine is going to take some getting used to.  I have still been facebooking so some of you will have seen some of my latest makes over there - go check out my page if you haven't seen it - Facebook Page.

I started back to work on 3rd January.  It was quite a shock to the system after having almost 10 months off and a good Christmas.  I am now working 3 days a week at the day job so the rest of the time I can do Sweet Williams things (and enjoy the kids more).

Easter Chick Decoration

I was expecting January to be extremely quiet after the hugely busy Christmas period but have found that it is still really busy and have started a proper order book and may have to introduce a waiting list soon.

Lots of exciting stuff is going on behind the scenes at Sweet Williams.  I hope to share some exciting news very soon.

I am currently booked in to do 7 craft fairs over the next few months and I can't wait to get back out there networking and meeting new people.

Spring is certainly on its way and I have been busy making things in readiness.  The Easter chick above being one of them.  I have sold 25 of these daffodil brooches this last week.  Perfect to brighten up a coat, cardi or bag.  If you are a Welshy like me then you may like one for the Rugby or St. David's Day.


Lots of other things have been made including some of these goodies...



Perfect for Mother's Day.  I also have them saying "Mam" on instead of "Mum" but I can also make them saying anything you want.

A pretty coin purse with super cute lining.













AND NOW for the EXCITING BIT

FABRIC!!!

As you probably know by now I absolutely LOVE fabric.  I think I am actually becoming addicted to buying it.  There are so many beautiful ones out there and I have so many ideas spinning around in my head that if I see some I like I just HAVE to buy it!!  Anyone else find they have the same problem???

Here are the current additions to my fabric stash...



These two are from the lovely Sara over at Kittyeden.




Masses of gorgeous Cath Kidston Stanley fabric.  I LOVE THIS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Here's a close up...


Even more Cath Kidston fabric.  Again, masses and masses of it!  Pretty pretty...



Here's a close up of this one...



I am really looking forward to whipping up some lovely handmade goodies with this lot.

I have had a fab delivery of some wonderful buttons too but haven't taken any pics of those as I was sooo mega excited when I received them I had to play with them, put them all in colour piles then fill up my jars straight away!!  Yes, I am a freak when it comes to things like this!!!

Lastly, look at this I bought over Christmas...


Isn't it just mega cute?  I have a new found love of toadstools and simply couldn't resist it.

Happy Friday everyone - hope you all have a good weekend.  I shall be ploughing through the orders playing with buttons, fabric and felt A LOT and this means it will be a GOOD weekend :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hello, lovely to hear you are still busy, busy! I love your new fabric - I bet you are just itching to start making things! Really love your 'Mum' hearts and of course the Daff brooches! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very pretty! I really like your daffodils and duck! All your fabric is so cute!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so glad I found your blog!! All that lovely fabric!!!!. You have made some adorable things for your forthcoming fairs, love it all!
    Good to hear you are now working 3 days a week. At least you have more precious days for crafting : )

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated x